Labels

Saturday 4 August 2012

2012 Primary 1 English Continual Assessment 1

Section A

Choose the correct answer.
1.

A dog can ____________ but cannot croak.
  1. bark
  2. bleat
  3. quack
2.
Pigs like to ______________ in the mud.
  1. roll
  2. paddle
  3. waddle
3.

Mei Mei was frightened to see a rat and she __________________.
  1. laughed
  2. screamed
  3. sang
4.
Mother bakes a ________________ birthday cake for Anna.
  1. hairy
  2. dirty
  3. lovely
5.
There are many ________________ shopping in Chinatown during Chinese New Year.
  1. people
  2. animals
  3. robbers
6.
Ali spends all his _______________ at the bookshop.
  1. books
  2. money
  3. food
7.
The boy saved the _______________ cat from the pond.
  1. brave
  2. frightened
  3. thorny
8.

There is a ______________ over the river.
  1. mountain
  2. bridge
  3. train
9.
Dan can __________ high up in the sky.
  1. fly
  2. crash
  3. bash
10.
Pete had a _______________ nightmare and he woke up crying.
  1. scary
  2. happy
  3. angry

Section B

Choose the correct answer.
1.

The bird is flying ______________ the house.
  1. into
  2. in
  3. over
2.
Xiao Ming said, "I have finished doing my homework. I _____________ play with you now."
  1. can
  2. can't
  3. don't
3.
Mrs Wishy-Washy loves the animals. __________________ washes them clean every day.
  1. He
  2. She
  3. They
4.
Mother Bear said to Father Bear, "____________ frightened of the robbers".
  1. I'm
  2. I'll
  3. Don't
5.

"Please put _______________ food on the table," said Mrs Ling.
  1. a
  2. the
  3. an

Section C

Fill in the blanks with the correct words from the box given below. Use each word ONCE only.
1.
she
it
I
he
they
we
you
me


Last Sunday, my family and I went to the zoo. My brother and (1) _________ saw the monkeys having a tea party. (2) _____________ were making a lot of noise with their tea cups.

Mama Monkey tried to pour some tea into the cup but (3) _________ spilled most of the tea on the ground. Papa Monkey was playing with the baby monkeys. (4) ____________ was playing "catching" with them. (5) ____________ enjoyed looking at the monkeys.

Section D
Fill in the blanks with the correct words from the box given below. Use each word ONCE only.
1.
to
under
on
over
into
in
at
by


I am Anne, the flying girl. I live (1) _______________ a house near the park. I love to fly around the park to look (2) ____________ the flowers. Every day, I fly (3) ___________ the hill to visit my grandmother. I spend the day with her.

Sometimes, I help Grandmother to cut the carrots (4) ___________ small pieces for her to cook lunch. Then, I help her to place her food (5) __________ the table. We have lunch together. After saying goodbye to her, I fly home.

1 comment:

  1. Section A (Answers)

    Answers
    1.
    A.
    2.
    A.
    3.
    B.
    4.
    C.
    5.
    A.
    6.
    B.
    7.
    B.
    8.
    B.
    9.
    A.
    10.
    A.
    Section B (Answers)
    Answers
    1.
    C.
    2.
    A.
    3.
    B.
    4.
    A.
    5.
    B.
    Section C (Answers)
    Answers
    1.
    (1) I
    (2) They
    (3) she
    (4) He
    (5) We
    Section D (Answers)
    Answers
    1.
    (1) in
    (2) at
    (3) over
    (4) into
    (5) on

    ReplyDelete